Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Meeting our Doctor

Wednesday we had our first appointment to meet our doctor. The doctor I chose is who my sister and cousin saw during their pregnancies and has been highly recommended by quite a few other people. The nurse talked through a few things first and tried to pick up both of the babies heartbeats. She was having a difficult time and didn’t know if she heard one or two heartbeats. It was neat to have the earpiece on & getting to hear them again though. The doctor came in afterwards and was super nice. I was very impressed with her. She talked through quite a few things and seems to be very experienced in handling ‘multiple’ pregnancies. (She is also the head of our hospital’s infertility program and she sees a lot of her patients from there all the way through to delivery.) She did a physical exam and went over our lab test results from last week – everything checked out perfect. The only thing she recommended was that I begin taking an iron supplement. Most singleton pregnancies increase the risk of anemia in the mother later in the pregnancy, but in a multiple pregnancy this risk increases very early in the pregnancy.

After the doctor was done, she sent us over to ultrasound to make sure they could see & pick up two distinct babies & heartbeats. This was my first “belly” ultrasound. Everything checked out great. We found both babies and both of the heartbeats were in the 170s again. We were also sent home with some more printed off ultra sound pictures of both babies – I know I’m going to have a photo album full of them before we even bring them home!

Baby A - 11w6d
Photobucket

Baby B - 11w6d
Photobucket

Twins - 11w6d
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment