Tuesday, February 9, 2010

11 Week Update

As of Saturday I have hit the 11 week mark! I’m so excited to be gradually getting closer to the end of the first trimester; mostly because of the decreased risks for the babies that the second trimester brings. I cannot complain as I have not had a rough time at all so far – just some of the “normals” – food aversions, the constant need for snacking and some nagging headaches. We have our first appointment with our doctor tomorrow (we’ve met with ultrasound & a maternity counselor up to this point). I’m so excited to meet her. It will include a physical exam and hopefully we get to hear the heartbeats again.

Also, as of Saturday, we began telling the first people outside of our immediate families. We told two of our closest couple friends – one is my husband’s cousin & his wife who have a 8 month old little girl and the other are just friends of ours who just had their first little girl on December 26th, so she is 3 weeks old. It’s very exciting that we will have children so close in age, growing up together!

Also, as of last night, we have told all of our immediate family. My youngest sister, being the social butterfly that she is, was the hardest to pin down to share the good news with in person. I just have a couple of my close friends to visit this week as we will be hitting the 12 week mark Saturday and then the news can be shared with the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment