5Ks have kind of been my thing since last October. They have been the perfect distance for me to run to keep me motivated & in shape; along with being a do-able length to still push the boys in the stroller (although this may be the last year). I was comfortable with not pushing for a longer distance but increasing my pace instead. Then a local race came up that Cory & I wanted to run but my running options were 1 mile, 4 miles or ½ marathon. With the encouragement of my hubby I decided to challenge myself with the 4 mile run! I’m so glad I did.
My parents participated in the 2-mile walk pushing the boys in the stroller so that Cory & I could both run the 4 mile solo. They had a great time and the boys even walked/ran a majority of the 2 miles (you never know how far they’re going to walk/run, depending on the day). I am happy to report that both Cory & my run went well for both of us. Cory beat his goal time & I finished it feeling great.
The boys also participated in a 400-yard kid race, but we were a little late to the starting line and had to help the boys start mid-race. Wyatt took off running; he ran all the way to the finish line. Colton walked…walked slowly. I walked with him, encouraging him to run. When the finish line was in sight, I asked if he wanted to run with me the rest of the way but all I got was a “I just have zero energy.” from him. A few steps later & he tripped and scraped his knees so I ended up carrying him over the finish line. Oh well, he just wasn’t into it that day.
I love being able to do things like this as a family & having my parents get involved as well!
 |
| The 2-mile crew! |
 |
| Showing me their muscles. |
 |
| The 4-mile crew! |
 |
| Family run day! |
 |
| Wyatt & mommy after the kids race. |
 |
| So proud of his medal. |
 |
| Wyatt playing in the trees after the race. |
 |
| Colton playing in the trees after the race. |
No comments:
Post a Comment