…a good run. With the January deep-freeze upon us, long past are the days of walks & runs with the boys in the stroller after work. I have working-mommy-guilt and can’t bring myself to take away any of my time at night with my boys to get in a workout. When they go to bed, I only get a few hours before I go to bed to work on the never-ending to-do list and to squeeze in a little relaxation. Up until now, rest has been a priority over a work out.
Starting this week, Cory and I have committed to each taking a few nights a week, alternating, to get in a few work outs. We both actively worked out before our family grew by two and we would like to continue to do so. A healthy, active lifestyle is something we find important to share with our boys.
Last night was my first night. I want to get back into running but I also plan on throwing in a workout video here and there to break up the monotonous of running indoors. I’m going to loosely follow an 8 week walk-to-run-30-minutes routine. Last night went well & it felt good but I can totally tell it’s been too long since I’ve run.
I don’t have the unrealistic expectation of being able to work out 5+ days a week (although I’d love to!). I need to find a balance that works for me between working out, day-to-day household chores and relaxing (& be able to throw a girls’ night in every now & then!).
No comments:
Post a Comment