The boys each slept in their very own crib for the first time last night and they both did awesome!
They have been sleeping together since the day they were born – from the hospital bassinet, to the pack ‘n play bassinet and finally sharing one of the cribs. Until recently, they did not seem to bother each other as they slept even when they fussed or cried in the middle of the night. However, in the past couple weeks they have become more mobile as they sleep, wiggling themselves from laying vertical in the crib to horizontal. I can’t count how many times I’ve went into their room at night, after hearing some fussing, just to find Wyatt’s head buried into Colton’s side. I think this has caused them to wake each other up either by Wyatt constantly nudging into Colton or Colton waving his arms and hitting Wyatt. This past weekend when they boys & I were staying at my parents’ house, they slept separately because of the lack of space. Wyatt slept in the pack ‘n play and Colton slept in the crib – and they did great. So after a couple of sleepless nights this week, continually going into their room to re-adjust each of them, Cory & I decided to try last night with them each sleeping in their own crib. (I did have to clean out the “extra” crib which we had not been previously using because I was using it for storage of the boys’ stuffed animals and extra blankets.)
It was a success! Everyone had a good night’s sleep. I only got up once during the night when I heard some fussing but each of the boys had not moved and were still sound asleep. They slept in their cribs from around 9:30 PM until 5:30 AM (Colton) & 6:00 AM (Wyatt). So I think we’ve said good-bye to the boys being bed-buddies at night, but they will continue to sleep in the same room as each other – just in separate cribs.
No comments:
Post a Comment