Thursday, July 25, 2013

Finally...the beach!

We finally made it swimming at a beach while camping for the first time this year! We were camping a couple other weekends in June at places that had nice beaches, but the weather did not warm up enough for us to enjoy them.

This beach was on a small, clear lake about a mile or so away from Cory’s dad’s land, where we were camping. Friday afternoon, after the deer park & naps, my niece (who is 11) and her friend were dying to get back down to the beach again (they had went down already that day while we were at the deer park) and the boys were excited to go down too. I packed the kids & I in the truck & headed down, while the guys stayed back to start grilling chicken for dinner on our flip-flop grill.

The girls had big floating rafts, and for the most-part, just swam & played on their own. The boys loved the sand but were also braving the water quite a bit – so I told them if they went in over their waist that they needed to put their life-jackets on (I’ve only got 2 eyes!) & they did, without any arguments ! We had a blast splashing, digging, dumping and playing on the beach. We played & swam until it was time to go back for dinner – yummy grilled chicken & sweet corn.

It’s been a crazy summer weather-wise (what did we expect after the non-existent spring we had?) & we have not had much warm weather to enjoy the water in. I’m hoping August gives us a few more chances to hit the beach or pool a couple times before summer is over – these boys are loving water this year!

Just a side-note – the two girls did great with the boys all weekend. Colton loved following them around & was always curious as to what they were doing. Wyatt just loved it when someone would sit down & dig in the dirt right along with him. I really appreciated their help & it definitely gave me a break from the boys from time-to-time. (I made sure they still got their own “girl” time without the boys bothering them though.)

Taking the girls' rafts to the water.

Helping big cousin "H" float around.

Digging...

Dumping...

Scooping...

A fun time!
Drying off, getting ready to head back.

No comments:

Post a Comment