Tuesday, May 24, 2011

46 Weeks Old

Things have just seemed really busy lately and I know with summer coming up, it’s not going to slow down any time soon. I finally sat down this weekend and picked out the boys’ 9 month professional pictures so at least I can cross that off my list. This week has been/will be spent cleaning and packing our camper since we just brought it out of winter storage a little over a week ago.

The boys’ sleep has really improved this past week. They were both really struggling for a couple weeks but have been settling back down within the last week. The boys are usually sleeping around 10-11 hours each night. They fall asleep somewhere between 6:45-7:15 PM and don’t wake up for their last bottle around 8:45 PM. They are sleeping in their cribs for the night around 9:15-9:30 PM. Colton sleeps until around 5:15-5:45 AM and Wyatt sleeps until around 6-6:20 AM. Colton is still waking up about once a night but a quick nuk replacement and just a little fussing are all we have to deal with (which is a huge improvement!). Wyatt sleeps like a rock and doesn’t even fuss for a nuk. This is constantly changing, so I’m sure they’ll shake things up again soon.

The boys have been eating mostly real, adult food with just their lunch-time fruit addition being baby food purees. They love feeding themselves and are slowly improving that skill, although there are times where it seems like they have more on their laps than they ate…but they’re working on it.

Wyatt
Wyatt has started to use everything as a “phone”. He’ll hold anything (from toys, clothes, burp clothes or just his hand) up to his ear and start “babbling”. He often makes a sound that sounds like “Hello!” so we “pretend” to talk to him when he does this and say “Hello!” & “Good-bye!” every time. It’s so funny! He also started clapping along with Colton last week.

Colton
Colton is such a “watcher”. He seems to be sitting back & studying everything, especially whatever Wyatt is doing. He’s been pulling himself up on our jungle-activity center – by pulling himself up, I mean he’s sitting next to it and he pulls with his arms – he isn’t standing up but it appears that he is trying. Also, yesterday my sister & I found him twice up on his knees next to it (when he had previously been laying or sitting next to it). I’m enjoying not having to chase both of them around right now so I’m sure Colton will be mobile in no time just to keep me on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment