The beautiful weather this past weekend made for an ideal day to carve the pumpkins outside.
I started the process by cutting off the top of each pumpkin and giving each boy a spoon to scoop out the insides…although my mom, sister & I ended up doing most of the scooping as it was kind of tough for little hands. I’m also not sure the insides of the pumpkin were what my boys thought were going to be inside! Once the insides were scooped out, each boy was going to draw their own pumpkin face with an erasable marker (we didn’t like the stencils that came with the carving kit). My boys didn’t want to draw their own, so I asked them about what shape they wanted to eyes, if they wanted a nose or not & how many teeth their wanted for their mouth; so each was unique!
The carving part was a bit tough, but the long carving knife that came with the kit worked fairly well. The boys each helped out with carving their own pumpkin & were so proud to do so!
We ended up with 4 super cute, unique pumpkins!
(Although I didn’t get a picture of pumpkin #4, as my nephew “N” was too busy helping Papa & riding with him on the tractor that his pumpkin was mostly completed by Grandma.)
![]() |
| Ready! |
![]() |
| Cousin "I" scooping. |
![]() |
| Colton scooping. |
![]() |
| Wyatt scooping. |
![]() |
| Cousin "I" - face drawing time! |
![]() |
| Colton - face drawing time! |
![]() |
| Wyatt - face drawing time! |
![]() |
| Colton helping Grandma carve his pumpkin. |
![]() |
| Cousin "I" & my sister carving his pumpkin. |
![]() |
| Tractor rides for all - Wyatt! |
![]() |
| Tractor rides for all - Colton! |
![]() |
| Colton's finished pumpkin! |
![]() |
| Wyatt's finished pumpkin! |













No comments:
Post a Comment