Monday, October 22, 2012

More pumpkin fun!

We had a fun weekend planned with a Halloween party on Saturday & a visit to another local pumpkin patch on Sunday.

Unfortunately, Wyatt had quite the cough when I picked him up from daycare and ended up spiking a fever into the 102-103 range that night & into the overnight. So Cory & Colton ended up going to the Halloween party while I stayed home to snuggle with Wyatt (who seemed to be feeling much better later that afternoon). Wyatt was pretty bummed, but I let him wear his costume around the house so he didn’t feel totally left out. Colton & Cory also brought home some fun goodies for Wyatt, so he didn’t miss out on all the fun. The boys’ favorite goody bag item so far – small flashlights that have different “covers” to go over the lighted end – so they can shine pumpkins, bats & ghosts all over the house.

With Wyatt feeling better, we hit up the pumpkin patch early Sunday morning, right as they opened (as to try to beat the crowds since temps were supposed to be in the upper 60s by afternoon – warm compared to the 40s & 50s we’ve been dealing with so much lately!). Less crowds also let the boys enjoy a couple things that they probably wouldn’t have tried with all the “bigger” kids around later – specifically the bounce houses. 

This place has so much for kids to do – we didn’t even get to it all. It’s really fun to see how much the boys have grown since last year & how much more they could do this year. I had to take a couple of comparison pictures that I knew I had taken last year – so fun to look back at how little they were last year (or how big they’ve gotten this year!). One new item this year was a big, wooden train set to play on & ring the bell – ringing the bell was the boys’ favorite part, of course!

Daddy taught Wyatt how to keep his hands warm!

Bounce!

Wyatt loves it.

Driving the "choo-choo".

Climbing through the haystack tunnel.

Daddy with the boys & cousin "I"...taking turns driving the tractor.

Teamwork.

Wyatt ringing the bell.

Colton did it too!

"Look-how-much-they've-changed" pictures:

2011

2012

2011

2012

No comments:

Post a Comment