Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lazy weekend.

The weather was cold & rainy by us all last weekend – so we just took it easy & enjoyed having absolutely no plans at all. We were lazy & loved it! (I was really hoping to hit up a pumpkin patch but the weather took those plans out of the picture pretty quickly.)

We spent the weekend out at my parent’s house & they loved having us over. We made & canned a bushel of apples into applesauce (our 1st attempt ever!) & it was really the perfect rainy day activity. We actually did most of the work while the boys were napping but they did get to help a little bit with both batches. My boys love applesauce & we got a great deal on a bushel of apples from the friend of Cory’s that owns an apple farm – so I just had to try it. The “fresh” samples tasted pretty good before we canned them – so I’m really excited to have this big stash of home-made applesauce to enjoy during the upcoming year.

Colton "bucket-head"

Wyatt "bucket head"

Funny Colton!

Little apple helper Colton.

Helping Papa pack up the apples for batch #2.

Cute.

Look mommy - I'm helping!

Apple fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment