We are now officially a household of two crawlers – Colton started crawling on Saturday! Whoo-hoo Colton! It was a big weekend for Colton.
The weekend started off with the boys spending the day with my sister over at my parents’ house on Friday so we could get our carpets cleaned (they really needed it!). When we went to pick them up, my cousin and her little guy were over visiting so we enjoyed spending some time with them. Friday night, since the carpet in the living room wasn’t yet dry, we did the boys’ bedtime routine in their room…needless to say, it didn’t go so well. After a little “crying it out” time Cory went to peek in on them and found Colton….STANDING UP in his crib! (So, we’ve now dropped his mattress down all the way too.) Both boys fell asleep pretty quickly after that.
Saturday morning we were moving things back into the living room when out of the blue Colton just started crawling around. It surprised me so much but I quickly grabbed the video camera and got him moving around a little bit (before the memory card filled up – the boys and I made a trip down to Best Buy to get a backup memory card Saturday afternoon because there is no way we want to miss a thing with these guys!).
The boys spent Saturday night overnight at my parents’ house while Cory & I went to his cousin’s (& our good friend) 30th birthday party. It was fun to have supper out and catch up with friends. We called it a night around 11 PM and enjoyed a baby-free night of sleep and slept in past 6 AM! Sleeping in felt amazing! We missed them dearly but they did awesome at grandpa & grandma’s and even enjoyed a “fun” spaghetti supper & had baths.
Happy 1st Father’s Day to my amazing husband – Cory! He is the BEST dad to Wyatt & Colton – so involved, helpful & loving. He does more than his share of work around our house – which includes helping with the boys and doing a majority of the cleaning (except the bathroom, which he won’t touch!) while I entertain the boys. I don’t know how I would have made it through this year without him.
Happy Father’s Day to all dads & dads-to-be!
I also have updated photos from the boys 11 month pictures and Father’s Day to get posted but our hunting/exercise/computer room is still disassembled from the carpet cleaning on Friday, so I’m hoping we can get everything put back together tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment