We took our second camping trip of the summer this past weekend. Both Cory & I were able to take Friday off and make it a 3 day weekend. Even though the weather was rainy & cold both Friday & Saturday, we had a good time and really enjoyed getting away. We were not able to get the boys out in the boat, like we had hoped, but I’m sure there will be plenty of more opportunities this summer for that.
The boys got to play on a playground for the first time ever at the campground. They both totally LOVED the swings. They fit perfectly in the toddler swings the playground had. We also took them down a couple of the slides, which they didn’t seem to mind either. Before I know it they are going to be running around, playing on the playground themselves.
Pictures to come!
A couple of fun updates on the boys:
Wyatt is pulling himself up on EVERYTHING now. He pulls up & stands in his crib (we lowered the mattress to its lowest setting this weekend), he pulls up & stands in the pack ‘n play and now he’s pulling up & standing by our couch. This weekend when we were camping he loved playing underneath my parent’s kitchen table in their camper. He’d pull himself up on the benches or the two poles that hold the table up. He even was standing up by one of the benches, then twisted his body and held onto the two poles underneath and then took two baby steps to adjust himself in front of the other bench. (On a funny side-note, he also enjoyed licking the table poles like they were candy – I doubt they tasted that good though – goofy boy!) We’ve been practicing walking more & more every day.
Colton is getting so much better going from lying down to sitting up. A lot of the time he will sit with both of his legs bent to the right and then put his arms down and rock back & forth on all fours. He also pulled himself from lying down to his knees on the activity table just this morning; he’s been doing this more & more lately. He loved sitting on the vinyl flooring in my parents & our camper this weekend. He spins himself in circles on the “slippery” floor and thinks it’s so fun! If he’s on his belly, he also pushes himself backwards pretty well but gets frustrated when he starts moving further away from his target. We’ve been practicing walking more & more every day.
Birthday party planning is in full swing now. We’re keeping it pretty low key but I still have a few things that I want to do for this special birthday: order invitations, decide on a small menu, get decorations and most importantly – pick out a couple gifts for the birthday boys! A friend of mine has volunteered to make their smash cakes (her cakes are beyond amazing, so I’m really excited to see what she comes up with for them!) so I will just have to order a cake or cupcakes for the rest of the group to enjoy. If you know me at all you know I’m a planner and an organizer and love doing this kind of stuff – so even though I’m in denial that my babies will be turning 1 year old, I’m LOVING getting everything ready for the celebration.
No comments:
Post a Comment