The 4 year old kindergarten program is taught by certified teachers right at their current daycare site. They attend it 4 days a week for 3 hours each day.
We chose to put them in the morning session to try to preserve that afternoon nap just a little bit longer (although Colton has really been showing signs of not needing it some days by not falling asleep at all…even if mommy does!).
We also chose to split them up into separate classrooms since there were two morning sessions offered. I would like them each to have their own separate time to grow & develop as an individual and found this to be the perfect opportunity to try that out. I’m also hoping the separated time might help out their relationship at home because lately they just can’t seem to get along.
Each of their classes is made up of part daycare kids & part non-daycare kids. This keeps them comfortable with some friends they already know with adding in an opportunity to make more/new friends with kids they don’t know.
This was the best transition yet! I was expecting tears on the first day at drop off (especially from Wyatt, as he’s had a history of tearful goodbyes for a week or so after moving to a new classroom, the poor guy just hasn’t done well with change in the past) but I got two smiling faces, waving to me out the window…it was great! It helps that I drop them off before the 4K program starts, so they are in the same room to play for a bit & have breakfast before the class split up happens but after talking to one of their teachers, she said they had no problem during the split up time either.
I am so glad they are loving 4K so far. It’s hard to believe that at this time next year, they will be off to kindergarten…where do the years go??
![]() |
| Wyatt |
![]() |
| Colton |
![]() |
| We took pictures inside first because I thought it was going to be too dark out...so these were round #1. |
![]() |
| Colton |
![]() |
| Wyatt |
![]() |
| Big boys...ready to go! |






No comments:
Post a Comment