We arrived at what will be our normal time in the morning and I stayed for about 25-30 minutes to help them ease into their day. (I’m not sure if that extra time actually helped them or mommy settle down more!) They were the first ones in their room to arrive, so that made it a bit less intimidating. They even waved bye-bye to me when I left (although their teacher – Miss “B” – said they had just a little “sad” time shortly after that). Cory & I decided to help ease the transition into fulltime daycare; the boys will go for two half-days, yesterday & today, and then start in fulltime next week. I will be in charge of drop off in the morning and Cory will be doing pick up, most days.
When I came to pick them up on my lunch hour yesterday, Miss “B” said she couldn’t believe how well they were adjusting – eating well & playing well, like they had always been there. That felt so good to hear.
Drop off this morning went pretty well again. I kept it a little bit shorter today. They sat down and had snack right away with another little boy that was there, Ayden. I gave hugs & kisses and waved bye-bye. They were still eating their snack but Wyatt was a little sad. I’m going to give a quick call shortly to check up on them, but I’m sure they’re doing fine again today.
| Colton helping mommy mix-up some Halloween cupcakes! |
| Wyatt playing after trick-or-treating. |
No comments:
Post a Comment