It’s been so cold & snowy in the past week – I’m so sick of winter already and it’s only January! I can’t wait for springtime temps & more daylight so we can get out of the house on walks with the boys during the week. It’s just too cold and gets dark too early right now to do any outdoor activities with them.
This past week the boys have gone downhill in the sleep department. They were both taking turns waking up sometime between 2-4 AM and being immediately upset or they would both wake up and would be talking to each other. Either way – they needed some type of parental attention. We would take the upset baby out to the living room and rock/settle them down. We tried letting them go when they were both talking but they carried on for more than 20 minutes and then ended up becoming upset, so that didn’t work either. I’m hoping this is just a phase we have to get through… In general, the boys are sleeping around 10 hours each night. They fall asleep after their 5:30-6 PM bottle which ends up being somewhere between 7-7:30 PM and don’t wake up much for their last bottle around 8:30 PM. They are sleeping in their cribs for the night around 9:15-9:30 PM (most of the time). They sleep until around 5:30-6 AM.
We have had a busy last couple of weeks with a bunch of “firsts”. The boys had both their 6 month pictures taken and 6 month checkup last week and did fantastic! Cory & I attended an out-of-town wedding for my good high school friend on Saturday and also spent the afternoon doing some Babies ‘R Us shopping and double stroller test driving. The boys spent the whole day Saturday at my parents, including overnight because we arrived home from the wedding after their bedtime. This was the boys’ first overnight stay away from home without mom & dad and also the first night they have spent away from me since they were born. They are growing so fast and, even though I truly enjoyed getting a full nights’ sleep without having to worry about one or the other waking up, I really missed them. Sunday morning I spent out at my parents’ house playing & cuddling with my boys before I left for the afternoon with my mom & sister to go to a baby shower for my cousin & his wife who just had a little girl last week – 6 weeks early. Cory & the boys spent the afternoon at home, just hanging out and playing.
I know it’s been awhile since I’ve posted any updated pictures of the boys – I’m so behind on uploading them to my computer from my camera. I have some time off of work coming up at the end of this week & most/all of next week (we are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of my newest nephew!) so that is my goal for the week off. Pictures coming soon!
Wyatt
A friend of Cory’s mom dropped off another type of jumper, a Jumperoo, for us to borrow and of course – Wyatt LOVES it! This jumper is suspended from four posts, which are adjustable height-wise. We initially set it on the lowest setting, which we quickly found out was too low for Wyatt – he was bouncing half-way to the ceiling because his legs are so strong & he was getting such good leverage! We’ve adjusted it up to the third level, which slows him down a little bit but still allows him to enjoy the exercise.
Colton
Colton loves the new Jumperoo too – but for different reasons. No, he doesn’t bounce in it, but he loves the sounds & lights that are somehow activated on it (it must not be motion activated because he just hangs out with his legs hanging – there is no motion happening when Colton’s in it). He loves watching the lights and playing with his Sophie giraffe teether or any of the other assortment of toys we put on the Jumperoo’s console. My silly boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment